On the weekend of 9 to 11 February 2024, two months before TARGA Tasmania, we will be holding our first ever Spirit of TARGA conference weekend at Mt Buller!
The Spirit of TARGAA conference will be held in conjunction with the fantastic events team at Mt. Buller, who have also been feeling the sadness of TARGA’s absence, and we thank them for their support and energy in bringing this new concept to life.
What is the Spirit of TARGA all about? It is about catching up with old friends over a meal and a wine. It is about learning from each other as to how you have dealt with the tough times, supporting each other, and how we will move forward to a bright future. It will also be a great opportunity for you to have direct input into TARGA’s future and hear from me about what has happened, how we got here and what we have planned for 2024 and beyond. There will also be the largest Q&A session ever undertaken by TARGA.
Naturally, any weekend away must be fun too!
- It will kick off on the Friday night with a Welcome Party where you can have a few more drinks than usual knowing that this is a TARGA event where .00 is not part of the rules. After the party, the TARGA Bar will be open with live music and classic old party tapes on rotation on the various screens around the bar.
- Saturday will see a presentation by myself and others of all the rule changes and their reasons for introduction followed by an extensive Q&A session to ensure complete transparency and knowledge before our return. I will also present the long-term business plan for TARGA, which will include the announcement of an exciting new event not seen in Australia before. It will be worth coming just to get the scoop…
- This will be followed by a long lunch to give everyone plenty of time to catch up and enjoy the amazing panoramic views on offer at the top of Mt. Buller.
- Saturday night will see a dinner held with panel interviews and entertainment, followed by a few beers in the TARGA Bar.
- Sunday will see a casual brunch held in the Village Square with bacon and eggs aplenty along with great coffee to say your goodbyes and depart Mt. Buller for home.
Below are some answers to the basic questions:
- Who is invited? Everyone who has a connection to TARGA; competitors & participants past and present, officials, service crews, families, and friends.
- Do you need to come for the entire weekend? No, this weekend is flexible, and you can attend as much or as little as you like. We will release a full itinerary in the weeks ahead to help you plan your trip.
- How much will the conference cost? The only costs will be what you eat and drink throughout the weekend. All other associated activities will be provided by TARGA and Mt. Buller. As each meal will sell out, we will be taking pre-bookings and payments. Bookings will open for these in the weeks ahead.
- Do I need to bring my TARGA car? If you wish to, but we have set this event up to enable you to fly to Melbourne and hire a car if you’re coming from interstate to make it much easier to attend. The Spirit of TARGA conference is about TARGA people, not TARGA cars. Once you arrive there will be no further need to drive until you leave, enabling you to enjoy the festivities more than usual.
We hope that many of you will take this opportunity to enjoy a fun weekend with like-minded friends, to show what TARGA means to so many people. Get your friends together, book one of the amazing apartments on offer and enjoy a fun weekend away ‘on top of the world’ at Mt. Buller.