TARGA tours are designed to provide car owners a unique opportunity to drive their pride and joy on closed roads in some of the world’s ultimate driving locations.
In the TARGA tour, you will experience a true tarmac rally in a non-competitive format, while enjoying the same challenging drive as well known competitors including Jim Richards, Peter Brock, Sir Jack Brabham, Denny Hulme and the great Sir Stirling Moss, all legends of international motor sport.
Experience the primal thrill of tackling turn after turn, the exhilaration of driving your car as it was designed, on roads that are otherwise never closed.
Grouped into packets, the TARGA tour is led by our experienced tour leaders, who are there to assist your driving pleasure and match you up with like-minded tour participants.
With a cross section of marvellously restored classic vehicles, as well as the latest in grand touring sports vehicles, the TARGA tour is for anyone.
The TARGA tour is a complete adventure. Enjoy driving your car through the tropical rainforest and coastal roads of Queensland, as well as fine food and wine, high quality restaurants and accommodation and the beautiful scenery.
TARGA Tour packages are a complete travel experience in some of Australia’s premier driving and tourism destinations, comprised of your tour entry and preferred accommodation and dining package.
Tour Package Inclusions
6-day OR 3-DAY TARGA Tasmania Tour package: (1 car/ 2 PEOPLE)
Closed road TARGA Tasmania tour driving some of the world’s ultimate driving roads in Tasmania, including:
- Entry fee
- Breakfast and dinner each day
- Lunch provided each day at the official TARGA lunch stops
- Return passage on the Spirit of Tasmania between Melbourne and Devonport
- Road books for all stages and touring stages
- A set of metal commemorative number plates
- A set of competition style door panel decals
- Complimentary entry ticket to the official Welcome Party for driver and navigator/co-driver – subject to local government COVID-19 advice
- Complimentary ticket to the Presentation Dinner for driver and navigator/co-driver (6-day option only) – subject to local government COVID-19 advice
- Finishers medallion for driver and navigator/co-driver upon successful completion of the event (6-day option only)
- Experienced TARGA tour leaders and hosts for each tour group
- Luggage service
Tour Package Exclusions
Flights to and from The tour
Please make your own travel arrangements to and from the Spirit of Tasmania port in each city.
Each vehicle must carry third party insurance, which is normally issued with registration papers. Proof of cover is required to be presented prior to the tour.
Owners of vehicles registered in the state of Queensland will be required to obtain a special extension of their third-party insurance for the period of the event from their third-party insurer.
Travel insurance is highly recommended.
Both driver and navigator/co-driver must hold as a minimum, a current Government issued Driver’s licence and a Motorsport Australia Non-Speed Licence. You can download your Motorsport Australia application form here (current price -$97 AUD subject to change)
Cars can be transported to Tasmania from a central location in each capital city and pricing will depend on your home city. Please contact us to organise.
If transporting your car, please make your own transfer arrangements to and from Launceston (3 day tour) or to Launceston and from Hobart (6 day tour).
CHOOSE YOUR PREFERENCE
Your package includes your entry fee, accommodation, breakfast at the hotel each morning, dinners each evening and lunch is provided on the course.
Please choose your preferred package level (silver, gold, platinum) and room type (double, twin, single).
Six/three nights in a standard room in each hotel and return cabins on the Spirit of Tasmania (twin-port cabins).
- Double (per car) $8,865 AUD
- Twin-share (per car) $8,865 AUD
- Single (per car) $10,515 AUD
- Double (per car) $7,990 AUD
- Twin-share (per car) $7,990 AUD
- Single (per car) $8,590 AUD
Six/three nights in a deluxe room in each hotel and return cabins on the Spirit of Tasmania (twin-port cabins).
- Double (per car) $9,415 AUD
- Twin-share (per car) $9,415 AUD
- Single (per car) $11,505 AUD
- Double (per car) $8,265 AUD
- Twin-share (per car) $8,265 AUD
- Single (per car) $8,885 AUD
Six/three nights priority access to suites and premium rooms in each hotel and return cabins on the Spirit of Tasmania (deluxe cabins).
- Double (per car) $10,670 AUD
- Twin-share (per car) $10,670 AUD
- Single (per car) $12,365 AUD
- Double (per car) $8,895 AUD
- Twin-share (per car) $8,895 AUD
- Single (per car) $9,745 AUD
For further information please contact
This document tells you everything you need to know about the rules of participating in the TARGA tour.
TasVacations can assist you with accommodation options and bookings.
Contact: 1300 827 822 or (03) 6234 4666
TasVacations can provide a range of Hotel/Motel Style accommodation options, as well private apartments with all the comforts of home, just let the TasVacations staff know your requirements.
The Hotel Grand Chancellor Hobart are offering discounted TARGA rates for TARGA participants, which can be accessed here.
TRAVEL AND FREIGHT
The Spirit of Tasmania is TARGA’s dedicated travel partner for competitors and their vehicles when travelling to and from Tasmania.
Call the Groups and Special Events team on 1800 204 687 to secure a spot on your preferred sailing date.